Saturday 16 January 2010

What was I thinking?

"Are you sure you want to live with the in-laws under the SAME roof?"

Yep, that's the question I got a lot when I applied for dependent visa for my in-laws. It appeared to lots of people that my husband and I were making a mistake and that we were trying to lead a very "Chosun" lifestyle. The Chosun dynasty ended 100 years ago in August 1910 after ruling the Korean peninsula for over 500 years....

Well, the answer is not something that I can explain in one or two paragraphs but I am convinced that we did not make a mistake despite the few hiccups that we had. In the coming postings, we will talk about how we got to where we are (and along the way came a child). Cannot guarantee you anything exciting like a blockbuster but I hope to record some aspects of the Chinese and Korean culture (especially the culinary aspect) that I feel like is slowly disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment